The Driver will have to pay the excess of €500 to Fleet for any claim covered under this section. The Driver will not have to pay an excess if the loss or damage is caused by fire, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft.
You are also not covered for the following:
- Loss of use or any other resulting loss.
- Reduction in the owner’s car’s value because it has been repaired.
- Wear and tear.
- Mechanical or electrical failure, breakdowns or breakages.
- The cost of hiring another car.
- The cost of any repair or replacement which improves the owner’s car beyond the condition it was in before the loss or damage took place.
- Damage to tyres from braking, punctures, cuts or bursts unless these are caused in an accident.
- Loss, destruction or damage caused directly by pressure waves from aircraft and other flying objects travelling at or above the speed of sound.
- Loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft if the car was taken by a member of your family or household or taken by an employee or ex-employee of the owner of the car unless you can provide us with written confirmation of notifying Gardai of the theft
- Loss or damage to the owner’s car’s navigation system or other computer or electronically controlled equipment caused by it failing to recognise any date as the true calendar date.
- Loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft if the keys (or keyless entry system) are left unsecured or left in or on an unattended car
- Loss or damage from using the owner’s car in a rally, competition, trial or on any race track, circuit or other prepared course.
- Loss or damage as a result of incorrectly fuelling the owner’s car or from the use of sub-standard or contaminated fuel, lubricant or parts
- The cost of importing parts or accessories for the owner’s car from outside the European Union.
- The extra cost of parts or accessories above the price of similar parts and accessories received from the manufacturer’s European representatives.
- We will not pay for more than 5% or €650 of the value of the owner’s car (whichever is the lesser) unless the equipment was fitted by the Manufacturer or Authorised Dealer as original equipment in accordance with their standard specification for the vehicle. This includes radios, car phones, audio or similar equipment.
- The VAT (value added tax) on any repair or replacement if you are registered for VAT.
- Any taxes that you may be exempt from or entitled to claim back such as Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) or VAT.
- No cover for any car that has modifications.
- No cover for any driver that has been disqualified from driving, or has failed to disclose penalty points or motoring convictions.
- Loss or damage to your vehicle where possession is obtained by fraud, trick or
- false pretences.
- Any loss or damage to the car which does not arise from an accidental, sudden or unforeseen cause.
- Damage to the car, it’s accessories and spare parts caused by goods carried in the car.
Broken Glass schedule as you may not have this cover.
If you wish to make a glass breakage claim, The Driver must telephone 01-8927890. All claims must be verified prior to any repair/replacement work being undertaken.
We will pay the cost of repairing or replacing damaged or broken glass in the windscreen or windows of the owner’s car and the bodywork being scratched as a result of the glass breaking. The Driver will have to pay the excess of €100 to Fleet.
The Driver must use an AXA-approved repairer, cover is unlimited, subject to the exceptions below.
We will only pay you the market value of the car or the value of the broken glass, whichever is lower.
We will not pay for:
- Any amount over €250 for a replacement or €50 for a repair if the work is not carried out by our approved windscreen repairers;
- Any more than one claim under this section during the period of rental;
- Damaged or broken glass in sunroofs;
- Damage to glass roofs;
- Damaged or broken mirror glass;
- Damaged or broken glass to vehicles that are temporarily covered;
- Damage caused by wear and tear or negligence;
- Damage caused by your own deliberate act;
- The extra cost of replacing non-standard glass; or The cost of importing glass or parts from the owner’s car for outside the EU.
Please sign in to leave a comment.