The Driver is required to report any accidents, losses, claims or potential claims to AXA on 01 892 7890 as soon as is reasonably possible.
If there is an accident, the Driver must immediately do whatever they can to protect the car and its accessories. The driver or their legal representative must give us full details by phoning the claims helpline (01 892 7890) within 48 hours, after any event which could lead to a claim under this policy. There may be circumstances where we need other details in writing. The Driver must also immediately send us any letters and documents you receive in connection with the event without replying to them.
If you know of any future prosecution, coroner’s inquest or other proceedings about any event, the driver must tell us immediately in writing.
The driver must not admit anything, or make any offer or promise about a claim, unless the Driver has our written permission.
The driver must also give us or our appointed representative any information and help we need and provide any documents we require to investigate the claim.
Claims – General conditions
- The Driver must obtain names and addresses of any witnesses at the scene of the accident.
- The registration and insurance details of the Owners car should be provided to any other party involved and also the Gardai if requested.
- If any person is injured, the accident must be reported to the Gardai whether they attend the scene or not.
- If the driver is involved in an accident with a visiting motorist, report the accident to the Motor Insurer’s Bureau of Ireland, 39 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2. Telephone: (01) 6769944 Website: www.mibi.ie
- If the owner’s car is stolen, the Driver must tell us as soon as possible by phoning our claims helpline on 01 892 7890. You must also tell the Gardai.