When someone tries to book your car on Fleet, you receive a rental request notification. Before you commit, you can review their profile and feedback score in the app.
- Owners have 24 hours to accept or decline a request. You do not have to accept any booking, and rejecting a request will make no difference to your car's visibility. However, ignoring requests and letting them timeout may push your vehicle down the listings, and we recommend that you reject requests promptly so that renters can find alternative vehicles. Remember: the calendar feature lets you set and update the days your car is available.
- Once you accept a rental request, tap “confirm” in the app. This begins the payment process and links you and the driver together.
- You can get to know the driver with the in-app messenger and arrange collection, drop off times, and directions. This is a great way to build rapport and offer any tips or instructions while the driver uses your car.
- When you meet the driver to hand over the vehicle, you both conduct a “walk around” of the car and check off any existing damage, as well as the general condition of the vehicle prior to rental, taking photos or video as necessary.
- You also must agree on the amount of fuel in the tank, miles covered and the level of fuel to be returned to the vehicle. Before confirming the rental, the renter will present their driver's licence for you to verify their identity.
- When you are both happy, you sign off with your finger in the app. All rental agreement documents are emailed directly to both you and the driver. It is vital that the email address you use when listing your vehicle is the one associated with your Fleet account and that you have access to it at all times.
- When the rental has finished, you both check the car over for any damage and ensure it is returned in the same condition as when it was collected. When both parties are happy, each of you signs off one last time. Be sure to leave feedback about the driver and your experience with Fleet!