To rent a vehicle through Fleet, you must:
- Hold a full UK, Irish, or EU driving licence for a minimum of 24 months
- Be aged 25 or older
- Have no more than 4 penalty points
- Have no accidents or claims (irrespective of blame) in the past 5 years, or motoring offences/convictions in the past 10 years
Click here to read the terms and conditions of Fleet's insurance policy.
*Note: we are expanding our coverage continually; we hope to add drivers with other international licences to the Fleet platform in the coming year.
Please also note that:
- Payments must be made in full prior to the rental period commencing.
- You must agree to the standard T&C’s of Fleet and the rental agreement, and adhere to specified conditions such as not using the vehicle for hire and reward, and respect the property of the vehicle owner, mileage, fuel consumption and re-filling of the tank.
- Some restrictions apply for rentals based on the age of driver and vehicle type combination. Please see insurance T&C’s for more information. You may be declined a rental based on your age and vehicle you wish to rent.
- Vehicles cannot be taken outside of the country they are rented in, except for Ireland and Northern Ireland where the vehicle is permitted to cross the border. The vehicle must remain on the island of Ireland.
- The renter of the vehicle must be the sole driver. Additional drivers are not permitted to drive the vehicle under the rental agreement. You cannot rent a car on behalf of someone else.
- Failure to meet our insurance criteria, rental agreements or falsifying of any information may result in your rental being cancelled or claims not being covered by our insurance. If you don't meet the rental conditions, you wouldn't be covered by our insurance. The owner will check the documents at the beginning of the rental and refuse to rent if you don't fulfill the conditions.
Article is closed for comments.