If you are unfortunate enough to have an accident in a rented vehicle, either involving other drivers, pedestrians or not, or if the vehicle is stolen during your rental, you must do the following:
- In the event of an accident, take the details of other persons involved. This includes their insurance details, name(s), phone number(s) and details of the car(s) they are driving.
- In the event of an accident or theft, call the Gardai/Police
- Call the AXA Claims helpline on 01 892 7890 who will talk you through the claims process
- Notify the vehicle owner
- Notify Fleet by calling 0404-31792
- Take photos on your phone of the damage caused to the rented vehicle