Fleet uses a special policy created by AXA for peer-to-peer. A leading global insurer, AXA's fully comprehensive insurance covers each Fleet rental and provides 24-hour breakdown assistance.
This cover supersedes any existing policy on the vehicle for the duration of a rental.
Any claims regarding cars on Fleet are handled directly by AXA.
In the event of an accident or damage during a rental period, the driver must:
- Notify the Gardai/Police at the time of an accident.
- Exchange details with any other drivers involved in the accident.
- Notify Fleet and the vehicle Owner.
- Call the AXA claims line on 01 892 7890 immediately and report the accident or damage.
AXA's claims handlers will take it from here.
In the event damage has been done to the vehicle and the driver has not reported it, the Owner must:
- Notify Fleet immediately
- Contact the AXA claims line on 01 892 7890.
Owners must have proof that any claimed damage has been done during the rental period. This will be clarified on the driver/owner “Walk around” and sign off documents.
It is the Owner’s responsibility to ensure they are 100% happy with the condition of the vehicle once it is returned from rental before signing off on a rental. Claims made after this fact by the Owner may not be covered.
AXA policy number: 223204097